Monday, February 28, 2005

Life is interesting!

Go away for a week and life changes...significantly!

I'm a creature of habit. I love my little comfort zone and recently, I've been challenged to step WAY outside it. First were the two moves in six months. That darn near killed my comfort zone, LOL! Most recently, it was the thought of moving even further away, leaving the area that has been my home for the last 16 years. I've only ever lived in two areas, my childhood home and this place. I moved here when I went to college and just left the town I'd lived in for the last 15 years in the last year.

Now, we might be moving hundreds of miles away and this has just crystallized in the last week. I'm worried about moving, but I'm maybe even more worried about NOT moving. Its funny how you don't know what you were missing until you experience it.

Living in DC, you get used to having close friends moving ALL the time. In all these years, I've only had one friend who hasn't moved away for militray or job reasons. If we move, there will be local friends. I know three or four people in the area and they're from different facets of my life.

Gosh, there are a myriad of reasons to move. Job prospects, housing, career options for us both...the list goes on and on.

As you can probably tell, this weekend was much less vacation for me and much more work. Unfortunately, I REALLY needed a vacation. Maybe someday ;)

0 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>