Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The dreaded early morning phone call

Please tell me I'm not the only one. You know how it is. The telephone rings, startling you awake. You squint at your watch/bedside clock and see that it is 5:30 in the morning. When the phone rings again, your heart starts beating quadruple time. I start thinking about my 94 yr old aunt and my very fragile grandmother, wondering if the worst has happened.

I had that happen this morning. My well-meaning brother-in-law wanted to chat with my husband. Since said BIL lives halfway across the world, there's a significant time difference, and BIL forgot. We get an early morning call from my in laws or stepchildren every few months or so.

My husband is still away so BIL and I chatted for awhile. Despite the panic attack the phone ringing triggered, we had a wonderful chat. BIL is a shameless flirt and the good conversation and oodles of flirting coupled with a promise of a visit from him in the next year got the day off to a wonderful start!

And hubby comes home tonight :) What's not to like about that??

1 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>