Saturday, January 22, 2005

I have a confession to make

Okay, ya ready?

I love snowstorms!

There! I said it!

I gew up in New England where snow was a part of life. When I relocated to the Dc area. I moved to an area that didn't have a 'real' winter. We've only had about four significant (1.5 foot plus) snowstorms in the last fifteen years.

My husband grew up in Australia. He never even SAW snow until about ten years ago. It just doesn't snow much down under ;)

We've only had one real snowstorm since he's lived in America. He LOVED it...he was as excited as a ten year old! It was truly wonderful to watch his enthusiasm.

He's similarly excited now. And yes, I admit it, so am I. 1 foot plus snowstorms are a rarity here.

Plus, we're finally out of apartment living! Seeing snow fall from 7 floors up was okay, but actually seeing it drift onto our deck is something ELSE entirely!

We're totally ready for it. We have enough groceries to feed a small nation. He's absolutely entranced by a 13 book series and I have a boatload of work to do and a couple of good books that I'm dying to read, plus a fully loaded Ebook reader.

1 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>