Thursday, January 20, 2005

What a night!

Look, Mel! Third post today? I HOPE you're happy!

Two hours ago, hubby calls. He's finally leaving the worksite...YAY! Asks me to call the roommie. No problemo. she's at the mall looking for a part time job and is chilling there since no busses run to our 'burb on Inauguration Day.

Call her and YAY she has a job interview booked this weekend. At Godiva (darn it,where are the emoticons...I need a drooling one!). No problem, YAY, hubs will be there to get her in an hour.

Twenty minutes later he calls. I always worry when he says 'Oh sex goddess of mine, we have big problems.' And we DO!

The car up and quit on him in the nastiest 'hood in DC. Apparently the distributor cap fell off. So hubs called the friendly people at Triple A (THANK GOD WE HAVE TRIPLE A WITH TOWING). They'll be delighted to rescue him from the 'hood...in THREE TO FIVE HOURS!

Um..hello! My husband is a diabetic. Surrounded by razor wire. In the 'hood! On Inauguration night!

With bloody nasty phone reception, I might add! He called three times and every time good ole Cingular resulted in choppy connections. PLUS his cell phone battery is dying.

Imagine this convo ...Screwed royally......he.....wifey....c....hearmenow...

Imagine it THREE times.

He walked god knows how far to a 7-11 populated with the next generation of criminals who were all either eyeing him as potential dinner, a potential mugging suspect, or a potential sex toy (Yeah, I know, he could give his all to be the research dummy of Bubba)

He bought a hot dog (Yeah, smart idea, I know. I'm loving the subtext here too!) and finally managed to whine...errr...I mean...REACH me by phone.

Yes dear. I can hear you now. I can hear every last angry growl. I can hear every last disgusted sigh but stop snarling dear...you know what that does to me!

So, the god among juvenile delinquents decided he didn't want to be mistaken for dessert and decided he'd fix the darn thing himself, but the problem is that the cap isn't just cracked, its worse. Something about the engine block. Don't ask me...I'm the helpless goddess.

In any event, he can't fix it so he HAS to wait for a tow truck which will be there sometime this evening or early morning. Poor dear has no electricity in the car, so he can't even read his Palm Pilot and let's not mention that after he stops being so bloody angry, he'll be a c-c-c-cold boy!

Pity me when he arrives home!

In the meantime, the roommate is calling wanting to know where he is. OOPS! I seriously dropped the ball on that one. It must have been the distracting sound of hubby's snarls! I had to inform the roommie that she WASN'T getting a ride home. Guess who didn't have enough money for a cab . My evening gets better and better.

She finally found a cab to bring her home and I charged it on my credit card. Of course she had to wait over an hour and it was double the price because of the goings on in DC (Ripoff artists, no??) but she's tucked happily in looking at her email.

So only the sex god is still out huddled somewhere in the 'hood staring at the razor wire.

Welcome to the drama that is my life!




2 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>