Sunday, January 23, 2005

Have my standards changed?

I find that I am much less likely to be swept away by a book these days. I've always been a discering reader and reviewer, but lately, I have a terrible time being impressed with books in general.

I've read 9 books for pleasure this year. Three were average, the rest were below average. Have I just had a bad run or have my tastes changed so much?

I remember the days when I'd lose track of time and just be absolutely absorbed by an author's words. These days I pick up a book and put it down multiple times an hour. I've read romance, chick lit, science fiction and literary fiction, so I can't be burned out on one genre.

I envy those days and I desperately want them back!

Can you recommend some books that have swept you away? I read almost every fiction genre, but horror and police procedurals usually don't hold my interest.


1 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>