Friday, February 11, 2005

The Internet as I know it!

The Internet as I know it is about to change. I've been having some serious and progressive problems with my hands. After a long day of work, they tend to be numb and ache and burn. DH and I have been discussing suggestions and ideas on how to stop the progression of this RSI for some time, but we finally took the plunge and did something about it.

Through my husband's work, he became familiar with a piece of hardware called an Airpanel. This allows for remote access to a computer and is shaped like a tablet PC. They're wayyyyyy out of our price range but he managed to find a steal on Ebay (less than 10% of retail INCLUDING shipping) and it arrived Weds.

I used it for part of the day yesterday, and I just love it! How cool it is to sit on the couch with this tablet propped up on a pillow!

The only problem is that keyboarding is done via an electronic keypad...every key must be tapped by the stylus... so typing is very time consuming. From now on there will be llimited IMing for me and email or blogging will have to be done in chunks when I'm sitting at my computer. This should help my hands greatly though, so I can make the sacrifice ;)

2 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>