Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Discovery and rediscovery

I have a private blog where I chronicle all the books I've read this year and if they were work projects or just reads for fun. I've noticed some trends in my reading for this year.

I've read 60 books this year, and half of these were work projects. The others were quite a mixed bag.

Since I work in the romance indstry, I had expected that the majority of pleasure books read would be romances, but that isn't the case at all. The majority of my reads are urban fantasy/alternate history. I've managed to discover Rachel Caine and Kelley Armstrong this year and rediscover Jim Butcher and Harry Turtledove.

I'm also starting to devour the Silhouette Bombshells. I have a few read and even more on my bookshelves. I went on a chick lit jag but that appears to be over for now. I've also been picking up EC paperbacks and reading authors who are new to me.

This year appears to be about discovering new authors and rediscovering old favorites. I credit Booksfree for allowing me to take chances on some authors I hadn't tried yet. Somehow it seems more like a lending library even though it isn't free.

0 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>