Sunday, May 08, 2005

The little things...

As I type out this post, the smell of roses is premeating my house and it is so romantic and heartwarming. I can't help but smile!

A dear friend asked me in IM if I had gotten her birthday present a few days ago. I must have typed cluelessly because I could almost feel her sit up and take notice. I looked through all the mail and email...nothing was there.

She explained that she had sent me flowers...but we quickly determined that they had never ARRIVED! Nobody in my family ever gives flowers, so this was an especially sweet and heartfelt gesture and just knowing that someone had was enough to start tears welling in my eyes. The thought was truly what counted.

Yesterday, I spent much of the day out of the house, assisting my husband on a job site. We agreed that when he works weekend hours, I'll accompany him if at all possible. Between RT and me getting so sick, we've spent minutes together if that. We had a great time together, despite one of his idiot coworkers making snide comments. I hate people who pretend to know it all in front of clients. Mark's too much a gentleman to put this guy in his place.

Anyway, we returned home to find this brilliant boquet of flowers propped against our garage door. My friend's beautiful and thoughtful gift had finally arrived, though apparently the florist didn't even ring our doorbell. Our roommate was home and doing laundry steps away from the door for much of the morning and afternoon.

I aggarged these in a beautiful purple vase and placed them in a place of honor. Mark had gotten me one deep pink rose when I returned from RT and this is sitting amongst the beautiful yellow roses, a blend of friendship and love.

Thanks for making my weekend even brighter, Angie!

1 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>