Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Bookstores

Bookstores are evil places for me! I feel the pull to buy even when I have a towering TBR. When I was growing up, I never had enough to read and I suppose this is a reaction to that.

I tend to buy at least 5 books a month and trust me, that is an all-time low! Last month, I think I bought 3.

So how do I feed the book loving monster within? I joined a company called Booksfree (think Netflix for books) and I also haunt my local library. Of the 12 books I read for pleasure last month, four of them were from the library and the rest from Booksfree.

Despite all of this, I am irresstibly drawn to bookstores. My roommate had a job interview at Barnes and Noble and we had to pick her up. Of course I had to go in and look around. When I was only able to have a quick look around and not actually buy anything, I felt this sense of sadness when I was dragged..err..walked out of B&N. As I look at my TBR pile, a mix a books from the library, Booksfree and my own purchases, I find myself wondering if I need more books.

The answer? A resounding YES!

My name is Bree and I am thoroughly addicted to books.

2 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>