Thursday, March 24, 2005

Thursday Q of the day

One of my mailing list does these every day and I thought maybe I'd try to be more active on my blog and these would give me a jump start. I promise only to post the fun or interesting ones!

Come answer these in replies!

1) If you had to name the craziest thing you did in your youth, what would it be?

2) If you had to name the most dangerous thing you did in your youth, what would it be?

My answers:
1)
Ran off to concerts in Boston.

2) Riding out a hurricane as a 13 yr old and taking care of my 10 yr old kid that I'd just met who turned out to be my stepbrother a few years later.

This was totally NOT of my doing. My mom and her then-boyfriend were locked in at work and they decided to uproot the kid and I and take us to their nursing home. Unfortunately, we couldn't stay in the building so they put us in a building about 200 yards away, an old Victorian house that had been reorganized into an office building on the ground floor. Upstairs were a bedroom, bathroom and two sitting rooms and that was where we stayed.

There was no food, and we were pretty freaked out. Add to that that we didn't even know each other...

After about 6 hours, we got it into our heads that we needed food so in the middle of this Cat 2 hurricane, we ran the 200 yards to the main building, wind whipping and that hurricane taking our blood as branches hit us.

Needless to say, after we ate and raided the vending machines, we waited until the eye of the storm passed over to return to the Victorian.


1 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>