Thursday, May 26, 2005

That old feeling

I fully admit that book buying has been a less than exciting proposition for me in the last couple of years. I go to bookstores, I buy books, I'm intrigued, but I'm rarely excited.

This month, I have a few reads I've absolutely been *DYING* to get! I went into a bookstore tonight and lo and behold, one of the books was there. I realized how I'd missed that excitement. For me, the thrill of the chase is only the beginning. I remember a time when I'd come home from a bookstore trip and reverently open the first page of a book, pouring over the quotes and dedication before devouring the book. The book would be completed that evening and in most cases I'd be very satisfied.

I've MISSED this! I don't know where that feeling went but it came back full force this evening. The best part is that I have two more books to stalk this weekend :)

Am I the only one so geeky about book buying?

1 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>