Sunday, May 15, 2005

Comfort reads

Do we all have them? I have an entire shelf of comfort reads, all historical romances from the early 1990s. Prouldy on the shelf is the first romance I ever read and the other five books in that series. I pull these down in times when nothing else appeals to me and visit with the stories that made me a lover of romance novels.

Since working in the industry, I've been looking at this shelf with a bit of trepidation. What if the books don't appeal to me because I've outgrown these old friends?

A friend recently reread her all time favorite romance and was sorely disappointed. That is just a little saddening to me. I think I'd rather let mine sit in their position of honor for a little longer.

2 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>