Sunday, May 22, 2005

I had intended to do a breezy post, but life interfered

It has been a banner week for my family and this is one of those times that I absolutely HATE being so far away from home.

On Thurs., my mom tripped over a toy at a place of business and took a terrible fall. She was rushed to the hospital where, thankfully, they only found a bad concussion. There was some fear that she may have had some facial fractures.

Then yesterday, we had another spot of bad news...

My grandmother (well...step-grandmother) hasn't been doing well for years, but things seem to have come to a head in the last couple of days. Beside the senile dementia that was the reason we truly lost the essence of her some years ago, her cancer may have reoccurred. For the last few weeks, my grandmother hasn't been able to keep food down and her symptoms are very consistent with a stomach blockage/reoccurrence of her stomach cancer.

Could you send some thoughts or prayers out there for her peace...just that if this IS the end that it be as peaceful as possible. The thought of her being confused and in pain and terror just breaks my heart.

I think we've all accepted that the heart of her has been gone for a few years, so I was mildly shocked that this is hitting me so hard. Here I am at 5:30 in the morning awake and thinking about her.

Even though I've asked for prayers, I'm not QUITE sure what I'm asking for...except for her peace. Obviously, there won't be heroic measures taken...that would be mildly cruel for a 93 yr old woman who is in fear all the time and doesn't understand, but even an IV could be traumatic for her...

Here's a pic. My grandmother (Margaret) is the one on the left. The lady on the right is the aunt who raised me.

2 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>