Sunday, May 22, 2005

I was tagged!

Angie tagged me and this is a nice distraction...though I have a lot of work awaiting my gentle hand.

Total number of books I own:
No clue. A couple thousand all told I'd imagine. I have two half height bookshelves in my living room and 4 tall ones downstairs in the rec room. The ones upstairs are full and the ones downstairs aren't but we have some books we haven't yet unpacked.

Last book I bought: Books at RT, among them Joanna King and T.L. Sinclaire's Imajinn books. Unfortunately, they never made it home with me :(

Last book(s) I read: The Shaugnessy Accord by Alison Kent and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon

Five books that mean a lot to me:
Lady of Fire by Anita Mills
This was the first romance novel I ever read and it started me on the romance genre. A sweeping Medieval, this one sits on my comfort read shelf.

Lord of Vengeance by Tina St. John
Tina and I had been friends on the AOL romance boards back in 1995-1997 and she asked me to read and critique her manuscript. This was my first attempt at critical reading beyond reviewing and started me on a true love of editing. This is just a fabulous book!

Tommyknockers by Stephen King
I've never READ this book, but the last conversation my dad and I had was over this book and it has a special place on my bookshelf. He was reading this book when he passed away later that day.

Like Angie, I'm also including an author here. Bertrice Small's more explicit romances whetted my appetite for erotic romance and romantica.

And, don't laugh, but the Harry Potter series. It reawakened my interest in fantasy, and by extension, science fiction.

Tag 5 people to do this:
I'll tag
Jaci
Jaycee
Mandy
Meg
and Delilah



0 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>