Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The sound of silence

I used to work nights and I really enjoyed it. I fondly remember thoe quiet moments when the world was silent and the peace just radiated through me. This morning, I'm embracing that moment and feeling.

Since returning home from Chicago, life has been...chaotic...to say the least. Between family illnesses, personal challenges, a violently ill kitty, Mark's job craziness and the stress of him settling into a home office and telecommuting, etc., it has been frenetic. I haven't taken any time for myself at all.

This morning, I am.

Yeah, I'm working, but I have on some soothing music and Nala is sitting nearby and sleepily reaching for my hand. Despite all the insanity and stress, I feel that this is a real gift. I hadn't realized that I missed it so much.

When I get in these insomniac phases, I often wake up in a blind panic, but today I just hopped out of bed at the robust hour of...was it 2:30 and decided to work for a while. The silence, the peace, really takes me back to the time five plus years ago, when work would be winding down for me and I'd check email every ten minutes, hoping Mark had finished his work day halfway around the world.

Even though I've been up early countless times, I can't remember the last time I watched a sunrise. I'll be watching one today!

1 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>