Sunday, January 15, 2006

January is Tea month!

Amazing the things you absorb when the Tv is on for background noise!

I'm a huge tea lover...at home we have so many varieties of herbal and black/green/red teas but since being here in Chicago, I haven't had much tea at all. Earlier this week, a local TV station did a special on local tea shoppes and I took careful note. Yesterday, we went to Argo Tea in Chicago.

Argo Tea was touted as being a type of Starbucks for strictly tea lovers and I was pretty impressed both with the selections (bubble teas, tea lattes, etc) and the atmosphere. Unfortunately, we stumbled in when a tea seminar was going on, so it was super crowded. I had an incredible Vanilla Earl Gray latte and Mark had some concoction with black tea, honey and lemon. They were both sooo good. We also shared a Mojitea, which was lime juice and mint.

We're both working pretty heavily this weekend and may do another tea jaunt to break up the day. This time, I want to try a place called Chill Bubble Tea.
The selections look endless and since they have free WiFi, we could always drag our laptops down and work from there for a bit. It would be a nice change of pace.

Hmm...this place also seems to be about halfway from where I live and a friend's place. Must send her an email... ;)

I LOVE Bubble Tea and its so hard to find it at home...there are a few Mom and Pop Vietnamese stores that carry it, but those are few and far between and they usually only have taro, jackfruit, etc. which are really nice, but I'd love a mango or a watermelon, just for comparison purposes ;)

1 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>