Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The flu diet

Due to the flu diet, I'm 99% sure I'm under my college weight. Granted, this asn't the HEALTHIEST way to do so, but now that I'm upright again, I can be philosophical about the whole situation.

Back at Christmas, Mark and I were suffering from a cold. I shook mine off quickly while his lingered. Unfortunately, just after Christmas I also began to feel queasy. This quickly escalated to full-on flu and I went a period of almost two weeks where I couldn't eat solid food. I hit rock bottom last weekend when Mark rushed me to the ER. I was so dehydrated (all that Gatorade and ginger ale didn't make a positive difference) that it was getting to be crisis point.

Thankfully, I'm finally recovering...am still quite weak but I can finally eat again :)

An interesting fringe benefit is that none of my jeans fit any more. They're literally hanging on my body. They were getting big before I got sick but now...they're sooooo baggy. I'll take any weight loss I can get but this was *rough*.

0 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>