Sunday, January 01, 2006

HAPPY 2006!!!!

I hope your 2006 is your best year yet!

Mark and I had a very quiet evening, but we tend not to do much special for NYE anyway.

For the first year in a great many, I have a few resolutions and I actually think I may keep them.

1)Get down to my goal weight. I'm over halfway there!
2)watch more classic movies and read more classic books. Since I was raised by folks at least in their sixties, the only classic movies I ever saw while growing up were Gone With The Wind and The Wizard of Oz. I'm going to rectify that this year as well as reading more of the classics.

3) Take one day a week completely away from work. This has been a huge sticking point with Mark and me and considering that he'll be working from home as well, we've both vowed this.

I saw this meme on PBW's blog and thought I'd jump in. I guess a lesser resolution is getting better about blogging.

Last Book Read: The Handy Bug Answer Book.

Last Live Music Show Seen: Duran Duran

Last CD Purchased: Bo Bice for a gift exchange

Last Thing Cooked:Cooking now. Salisbury steak and garlic mashed taters

Last New Thing Eaten:Jerk chicken. I've recently rediscovered things spicy.

Last Thing Bought: Groceries last night. A Candy Cane Freeze, yesterday afternoon

Last Gift Received: a really sweet email from a friend

Last Piece of Clothing Bought or Received as a Gift: thick slipper socks in shocking neon green (blame Walgreens(tm)). They only had green and orange left.

Last Embarrassing Experience: Finding that my shirt was on backwards after getting in the car. Yes, I scruched down and changed it in the car

Last Totally New Experience: learning how to walk a cat on a leash. It isn't a great success yet!

Last Foreign Country Visited, if any: Australia, 2001. Hopefully England late this year.

Last New Animal Seen: I got up close to some elk yesterday

Last Big Achievement: Hitting my college weight and slipping a pound or two below it :)

I'm being mean and tagging the bitches for this one ;)

0 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>