Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I wish I'd stop dreaming books!

I write purely for pleasure and have gosh...since I was 7 maybe? In the last few years, I haven't been writing much. While I've had the inspiration for the basics of plot, my creative process stopped there. I've banged out a few short stories but other than that, I've been singularly unimpressed with my output and product.

Jump to Christmas week where I read more than I worked for the first time in over a year. This must have really pushed my creative juices because in the last two weeks I've dreamed four books.

Yep, I'm dreaming books. Sweeping fantasy books...which I LOVE to read but have never attempted to write.

At the moment, they're just groups of ideas I've jotted down on paper but they're so vivid and emotionally lush that I know I have to bring them to life. One in particular is screaming at me to get written...a projected 3 book fantasy series.

I'm torn between being very impressed at my subconscious and wanting to give it a gentle nudge to hush up until I flesh out earlier ideas LOL.

I guess another goal for '06 is to write more.

Strangely enough, my husband shares that goal. At lunch yesterday, we were discussing the new Baen publishing magazine--Baen's Universe
and he mentioned that he might try to bring some of his ideas to life on paper and submit them for potential publication. One of my dreams is to to-write with him. He has such an amazing eye for detail and imagination. He's also a really good writer. I'd love to see him get some of his fantastic ideas on paper :)

0 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>