Sunday, September 25, 2005

Random Sunday ramblings

I'm going away tomorrow for the week and as I got my mental checklist in order earlier this week, I realized that I have a ritual when I go away. It's ALL about the organization!

My husband is attending a class to gain a new certification. This class is held at the corporate headquarters of the folks who make the equipment he programs. The campus is incredible and they encouraged him to bring me in to the classes. I think they're on testosterone overload and just want a little lady there!

Free hotel? Check! I'm there!

Free high-speed Internet? Check! So there!

Free 3 meals a day for the week? Double check! You had me at the Internet!

A few days/nights ALONE (without roommate) Okay, when do we leave!!

This trip comes just a week after my computer was reloaded and days after my laptop started new life. We won't even mention how my husband and I have been wrestling with the MP3 player.

So...earlier this week in a last ditch effort to fix the sick laptop, Mark bought some computer memory. He also picked up a memory card for his Palm Pilot, so I inherited the old one. Um...we won't discuss how the computer memory didn't work because he bought the WRONG KIND ;)

Ack! As if loading the laptop/desktop weren't enough, I have to put some selections on the MP3 player...five hours in the car each way with Mark's choice of music is just scaaary. AND I want to figure out podcasts...

Now, I have this memory card which is mocking me. I must fill it with ebook goodness ;)

Getting organized has been a huge priority in the last week and I'm pretty much over it LOL. I like routine and I want to get back to my normal daily merry go round of work and more work. I'm definitely someone who likes everything in its place and not having that has been a little bit of stress on me.

So...anyone have any ebook recommendations? This card is HUUUUGE and I have a fictionwise coupon!

2 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>