Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Ever have 'one of those nights'?

Warning rant/whine enclosed.

So, my husband decides that we're going out to dinner...YAY! But we have to take our roommate...GRR! Going out to dinner has become a huge treat and not something I necessarily want to share.

So...anyway, Mark decided he wants to go to a particular steakhouse...fine. I have to be VERY careful in steakhouses because I have terrible TMJ and can't eat a lot of red meat because it is too tough for me to chew.

We go to this place and it is LOOOOUD. Screaming barflies, music so loud that you have to yell to be heard...the works. Not exactly a relaxing place. I ordered a steak, a salad with *No EGG* and a loaded baked tater.

The soda tastes like slightly sugary water...ehh, I should have ordered iced tea, live and learn.

The salad arrives, loaded with egg. I complain and my roommate and I switch out salads. She has honey mustard on hers and I *HATE* honey mustard. Unfortunately, the little pot of dressing has tipped, so part of the salad is inedible. I was going to send it back when the dinners arrived.

No problem...come to Momma, red meat. I do stress *RED* meat. The first few bites were okay...not MEDIUM as requested, but okay. The third and fourth were much tougher. By the fifth, I was ready to give up. The thing looked RAW in the middle and USDA standards be damned, I am NOT eating raw meat.

In the meantime, when the food had arrived, I had asked for extra sour cream for my tater. Loaded in my world does NOT mean a matchhead sized dollop of sour cream. Unfortunately, just after asking that, the waitress disappeared, for maybe FIFTEEN minutes! We finally managed to snag another waitress after this timeframe, my husband's annoyed 'Excuse me', ringing louder and louder whenever a waitress would walk by.

Having finished his meal, he started picking at my meat and even he couldn't eat it.

Finally, victory, the sour cream arrives for my now stone cold potato. They offer to bring it back and get me a fresh one. ANNND, they offer to reheat the remainder of steak. We agree.

Another twenty minutes passes and I have only consumed part of my partially cooked potato. The steak returns annndd...it is just as freaking raw as it was before, only with a tougher exterior. My jaw was throbbing at this point so I gave it up. We should have sent it back but my husband ate it.

As we left the place, with nary an apology for the shockingly bad service, etc. Mark wanted to fill the car up. He gets to go to a job in DC today (lucky HIM!) and he wanted to catch gas before it jumped its .10-.15 a day (2.78 and counting and when we filled up last night it was 2.70. He handed me some money and pointed me toward the doorof their attahced convenience store, suggesting I grab a snack since I had maybe 4 oz. of steak.

It had been raining BADLY out all day, and apparently these fucktards had just WAXED the floor. I took one step in and went FLYYYINNG. I literally landed about five feet from where I'd been...heavily on one knee and a twisted ankle and badly on both my wrists. I felt something give in my right one and my roommate heard an alarming pop.

I must have stayed on the ground a few minutes , among bored/annoyed comments from the workers. Instead of snickering and making snide comments, perhaps y'all should have been a little more concerned...fucktards.

After I gathered myself and staggered outthe door and back to the car, the pain really started hitting me. By the time we got home (After the ensuing home vs. ER debate), my knee and ankle weren't holding my weight and my hand was numb but my wrist was throbbing.

Ice was my friend last night. Today the ankle is sore and swollen, the knee is back and blue but it holds my weight, but my wrist is in bad shape :( It won't bend, I can't put any pressure on it, etc. Hopefully Mark will get off work early and we can go to our family doc.

This may be the most one handed typing I do all day. The couch and a personal day are looking awfullllly inviting!

3 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>