Saturday, July 02, 2005

The Six Flags man and the gas station

I kid you not...the bizarre comes to visit my doorstep at the STRANGEST times.

Last Sunday at about two in the afternoon, Mark and I started our journey to Rhode Island. We found out that my grandmother had died early in the day, but we both had a couple of work loose ends to tie up before we could leave, so after a visit to the grocery store, the bank, the gas station, quickie haircuts and the WORST haircolor I ever had (don't ask lol!).

Anyway, we got on the road about two in the afternoon. We've done this trip so many dozens of times that we know where all the good, bad, and ugly rest stops are, and where to get a good meal inexpensively. One of those places is a WAWA gas station/conveneince mart. You know the type. They have gas as well as a deli counter, prepared sandwiches, etc.

We walked in and ordered our sandwiches, then waited for them to be freshly made. Mark broke off to look for sodas and I was checking out the coffee counter when someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned and did a double-take. Standing before me, complete with big ears and huge glasses was the guy from the Six Flags commercial. You know the one...the old man wildly dances. He has huge ears, a huge gummy smile and huge glasses, a bald head and wears a suit. There's a catchy song playing behind him... yep HIM.

I kind of shook my head and wandered over to Mark, asking if I was seeing things, but no, he'd seen this creature exit the Men's room. There was a rush of 'Is it really" going throughout the people at the WAWA and he quickly got his coffee and left without saying a word.

What a strange start to the week!

0 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>