Thursday, September 22, 2005

It is official, I'm twisted!

Or rather...my back and spine are.

This weekend I won a free consultation and Xrays at a chriopractic clinic. I have very severe TMJ and they assured me that a consultation would determine if they could help my pain and mobility. Since I had nothing to lose, I thought I'd give them a try. In addition to my jaw issues, I have a fair bit of neck and back pain.

I had my consultation last night, and the news isn't good. My neck is a mess and my spine is misaligned. It was kind of weird seeing the Xrays and being able to see the disk compression in my neck. Fortunately, I'm in the early stages of long term problems and if we can get this sorted out, I should see some relief from back and neck pain and relief from the TMJ as well.

Its strange...I've learned to live with TMJ since first being diagnosed ten years ago. I've come to accept that I can't live a day without grinding and crunching and being unable to eat tough to chew food.

I am thrilled to be able to have some relief, but it will be almost surreal to be without it, since the pain has been a constant companion for so long.

I start treatments next Saturday and will be going 3 times a week for the next 4 months minimum.

Wish me luck ;)

0 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>