Thursday, September 22, 2005

I know...I know, I've been quiet again

I have a good reason though!

In the last couple of months, my computer has been more and more ill. Ms word in particular was a mess. Here's a snapshot of my work life.

Open a comment in MS Word. Save the document. Close the document. Reopen. Begin typing comment. Save. Close. Reopen. Type a few more words. Repeat.

This was just getting worse and worse and was really impacting my productivity, so late last week, Mark installed a new hard drive with only Windows on it. For the better part of the last week I've been reinstalling programs, resetting configurations, etc. It has been going smoothly but even so, it has been a sloooow process.

On the plus side, my six year old hard drive was replaced by a much bigger and three times faster one. I no longer have to wait 2-3 minutes for a program to load.

All in all, this is a huge improvement :)

0 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>