Monday, December 11, 2006

Yet another post on family

I was so surprised to find that Will replied to my post about "Cousin Luke". It was so interesting to read his recollections :)

I guess I'm stuck on the family topic of late, and most especially how patterns repeat themselves in mine. There are some very serious issues concerning my elderly aunt and the burden of strain on my mother in particular. We were chatting on the phone today and as we spoke, it really became clear that patterns repeat themselves. Not with my mother, but with another member of the family.

The older this person gets, the more they remind me of my maternal grandmother. Sarcastic quips are just the beginning. Sigh. I wish people could look themselves in the mirror and see how they're patterning themselves in ways that are NOT admirable!

Things could be different in my family but everyone has to want to be committed to it, and that isn't happening. Its too bad. Things were so wonderful down here on Thanksgiving when my folks and Mark's son and DIL were here. It saddens me that we can't have that with the rest of my mom's family.

Ah, their loss!

0 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>