Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Crazy few days

It has been a crazy few days here! Late Saturday morning, a car plowed into the house across the street!

About 11 Am on Saturday, I heard a huge bang. I called down to my husband, who was in our rec room, but he couldn't see anything and neither could I. It sounded to me like someone had slammed a moving truck door closed loudly. To Mark, it sounded like metal falling. About ten minutes later, ambulances and firetrucks started to arrive.

Some poor person smashed their car into the end unit across the street. The person was either able to get out of the car themselves or was helped out and was rushed to the hospital.

There was a gaping hole in the house that the firemen and then a contractor reinforced with huge wooden beams. The car was pretty much stopped by the brick foundation, which reaches to about waist level, but the upper part of whatever room that was is destroyed :( Thankfully, it seems that nobody else was hurt, though I imagine if anyone was home, they had the fright of their lives!

Lots of excitement here!

Sunday, we went to Borders to try to escape the heat. We were lucky enough to come in on the last day of a sale where all cafe items were 75% off, including Republic of Tea cylinders. These are gourmet teas and the best I've ever tasted. I was able to get a couple of cylinders of my favorite (Blackberry Sage) and try a few other favorites (Spring Cherry, Ginger Peach, Pomegranate). I'm going to have some very tasty iced tea in my future.

We just hung out at the Borders for a couple of hours and I forgot how fun that was. I pulled a half dozen fantasy books off the shelf and read first chapters. I did limit myself to buying only two books, though ;) Since I burned through my birthday gift certificate in four months, I'm having to limit myself, which is always a good way to test my willpower.

Our air conditioning was fixed yesterday, so all is well in our place :)

0 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>