Monday, September 04, 2006

catching up

For some reason, I got on a cleaning jag this weekend. Saturday, I completely rearranged my living room, moving furniture and getting rid of some junk.

Yesterday, it was time for me to go through my clothes. Since we were in Chicago for a good chunk of late fall/early winter last year, I just gathered up a half dozen tops and pairs of pants, a couple of pairs of shoes, and that was that. I haven't actually gone through winter clothes or weeded them out for two years.

It was VERY necessary to do this, since, depending on the age of the clothes, they were either 1, 2, or *3*(!!!) sizes too big. Even the few things I bought last year were purchased 25 pounds ago, and were a bit baggy.

So, I took 2 hours and did a HUGGGE purge. I have 3 garbage bags full of everything from semi dressy pants, holiday shirts, and comfy pajamas ready to go to Freecyclers.Unfortunately, due to the cut of most of these outfits, taking them in doesn't make sense. Ahh...my loss is someone else's gain.

And I have very few things that actually fit well. Who knew this losing weight thing would result in a new wardrobe?? Well, okay I KNEW it but knowing it is one thing and having it happen is another thing ENTIRELY.

I'm in this middle area where some plus sizes fit but yet others are huge on me, but many fitted regular size tops are a bit too tight in the shoulders/bust, so shopping will be interesting until I'm down another 20 pounds or so. I did have a HUGGGGE victory Friday when I fit comfortably into a size large top. The last time that happened was...um...never!

Of course, I did do a little shopping last Friday...got a gorgeous suede blazer for 20.00 (Gotta love outlets!) and have picked up a few pairs of jeans in passing, but I'm up for some new dressy clothes (at least one pair of pants and a dressy top).

And a friend of mine sent me to a 'virtual model' website where I could plug in my measurements and then see what I'd look like at my goal weight. WOW, was THAT inspiration!

Speaking of friends, another thing I did this weekend was reconnect with some old friends. It was great to chat on the phone at length and find out how these two incredible ladies are doing :)

1 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>