Wednesday, May 31, 2006

New glasse--whew!

Just over two weeks ago, I got a new pair of glasses. My perscription had changed quite a bit and it was plainly time to get my glasses updated.

So...I trotted off to Lenscrafters and picked out a new pair. The frame shape was quite different to my existing pair, so I expected a few days of adjustment.

That wasn't what I got. It was so much worse! I expected a little disorientation the first day, maybe even a little nausea. Instead, it was constant and coupled with daily headaches, some of which were very severe.

I went back to Lenscrafters. They tried adjusting the fit. I gave it a couple more days. By this point, I couldn't read well out of the left eye. I wondered if it could be simply eye strain, since I'd been spending quite long hours working.

It wasn't :( I started to worry, wondering if my perscription had changed and if an eye problem that made itself known was rearing its head. I tried my perscription sunglasses while I was working, on a lark. Lo and behold, my vision was fine. It was clearly the glasses.

We went back to Lenscrafters and the wonderful manager helped me. They have a great 30 day satisfaction guarantee and without any argument at all, I was in another new pair in only an hour. The adjustment period has been short, the glasses FEEL great and I can finally relax :)

I highlly recommend the folks at Lenscrafters. Instead of putting the lenses in a frame, they completely redid them.

0 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>