Monday, May 01, 2006

TBR challenge-would help if I finished the draft ;)

I finished the April TBR challenge that Angie is hosting this weekend, but I never came back to finish my draft.

Here it is!
Title:Warprize

Author:Elizabeth Vaughan

Year published:2005

Why did you get this book? A dear friend told me I HAAAAAD to read it. So I did. Some...five months later?

Do you like the cover? It was merely okay.

Did you enjoy the book?I really enjoyed the book. I've been eager to read some science fiction or futuristic romances and this fed the savage beast. I loved the characterization, I loved the pacing and even though there were a few awkward places, they didn't keep me from enjoying the book.

Xylara is both a member of the royal family and is a master healer. Due to her rank, this position has been hard fought for her. She runs in to Kier who is the leader of an enemy force, some of whom are being held prisoner by her people. Political machinations about and suddely, Xylara finds herself Kier's slave.

Was the author new to you and would you read something by this author again?
I picked up the sequel this weekend, but I'd never read this author before.

Are you keeping it or passing it on?
This one is a keeper.

Anything else?

0 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>