Sunday, June 17, 2007

80 pounds!

In the last six years, I've now officially lost 80 pounds. Well, actually, 82 pounds, but who is counting!! Oh yeah, ME!

Back in 2001, I was at my highest weight ever, closer to 300 pounds than 250. I wince when I say this, but it is part of my history, so I have to own it. then, I met Mark and caught a nasty intestinal bug, which seems to have kickstarted my sluggish metabolism. Six years later I've yo-yoed a little but seem to constantly be losing.

With my Italian and French genes, I was never a teeny tiny child, but when I hit puberty, I had two terrible accidents that laid me up for a grand total of nine months, and the weight piled on. And it stayed on. It seemed I'd gain a dozen pounds every couple of years, no matter what I did.

When I was in my early twenties, I went on a crash diet that nearly killed me. All to please a man, I kid you not. I was the ULTIMATE people pleaser and nearly lost my liver as a result.

I pretty much resigned myself to being a plus-sized girl for life, so it is so incredible to be shopping in the regular section of stores.

I don't see it myself. I don't FEEL like a success story, but the scale doesn't lie!

Only 30 more pounds to my goal weight! I'm at the same weight I was in high school now :)

1 Comments:

<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>